We are a network of Christ-followers who share a common passion to see the Church minister the whole gospel amongst those who have been forcibly displaced – including the refugees and asylum seekers who arrive in Europe.
As a Christian network, The Refugee Highway Partnership Europe seeks to connect and mobilize leaders, churches and organizations to effectively engage with refugees.
Why are we called The Refugee Highway Partnership?
Our group is a subset of the Global Refugee Highway Partnership.
We derive our name from the observation that there are some well-worn paths around the world that refugees travel upon; air, water and land routes leading to safety and the simple hope for a normal life. These paths make up the refugee highway. Like any highway, there are entry ramps, crossroads, roundabouts and exits ramps.
Every continent on the globe finds itself connected to this winding network of roads. Many of the major entry ramps onto the highway are in Asia, the Middle East, Africa, the countries of the former Soviet Union and Latin America.
For many highway travelers (includes formal refugees as well as those seeking asylum), the final destination will be Europe.
As a Christian network, the Refugee Highway Partnership Europe seeks to connect, equip, and mobilize leaders, churches and organizations to effectively engage with refugees and forcibly displaced persons.
- We are motivated by our Biblical Mandate
- We believe prayer to be foundational to our movement and ministry
- We are committed to relationships that reflect reciprocity, inclusion and lead to mutual transformation
- We seek to collaborate and nurture partnerships
- We foster a spirit of welcoming and acceptance within the refugee communities where we serve
- We are dedicated to the mobilization of leaders, churches, and organizations
How do we live this out?
Together! The resources on this site are meant to be downloaded and shared. Our desire is to inform and equip Christ-followers who want to serve with and among refugees in Europe and beyond. We hope you will join us on this journey by signing up for the yearly Roundtable event.